-->
no
no

From Skirt to Top

13 comments



At the Fashion Revolution Day event in Singapore, we had a clothes swap run by the lovely Donna from TOPSWOP. Three items caught my eye, but the prettiest was this short skirt.  I just fell in love with the print!




Unfortunately, it was a size 18 but I decided to convert it into a tube top using the good old elastic band. 

I unpicked the seam on the side and inserted elastic band measuring 2 inches shorter than the circumference of my chest. 





I then decided to add some buttons to the middle top part of the band. I think I was trying to channel Marion Coutillard, but I only had a few buttons to play with. This is what Marion wore at the recent Cannes Film Festival. 

What do you think of the new look? I paired it together with a thin belt that belonged to my mum when she was 20 years old. That's right, the belt is as old as me now. I can't believe it has lasted this long, but the other amazing thing is that as a 20 year old, mum used the 6th hole from the end!  





author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

13 comments

  1. I'm loving that pattern! It looks awesome as a shirt. I need to work on my sewing skills so I can do stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna. I love the pattern too - has that summery fun feel.

      Delete
  2. I love this refashion , what a gorgeous print. Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, KJ. I was going to do something else with it, but making it as a top was the best decision!

      Delete
  3. Looks really good! A very clever piece of refashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KT. Hope you get to do some refashions too :-)

      Delete
  4. A great refashion, Agy!!! Love the bright, fun fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the skirt. You're blouse is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this fabric! Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Spark Link Party. Hope you stop by today and link up again.http://bit.ly/1t2Ohhl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely top, thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the easy way and the pattern is cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fabric, too -- it is gorgeous. Your refashion idea is fabulous! I can even see you wearing this in the winter with a shirt underneath.

    ReplyDelete

no
no